What if your Child or Loved One is already Using Heroin?
Determine if he (or she) is addicted by checking these points.
Has he or she:
- Tried to quit or promised to quit and then returned to heroin use?
- Suffered damage to health?
- Been arrested once or more than once for DUI, DWI or drug possession?
- Been arrested for crimes he (or she) committed to get money for heroin or other drugs?
- Suffered serious damage to family life?
- Suffered severe financial damage or ruin?
- Overdosed once or more than once and needed emergency medical help?
- Abandoned goals or educational plans?
- Suffered significant personality changes that could include aggression, paranoia, dishonesty or loss of motivation?
- Created suffering for those around him due to neglect, physical or mental abuse?
- Been seriously affected by heroin use in other ways?
- Already been to rehab one or more times and relapsed every time?
This is only a very brief test. But if these signs are present and the person has continued to abuse heroin, it is very likely that addiction exists. This person may only be able to get sober with help from an effective rehabilitation program.
When a Person Needs Help
At some time or another, nearly every family will have to deal with the addiction of one of their members. It could be an uncle that seems half-drunk at every family celebration, someone who lost everything to prescription opiate addiction or a loved one who has been using heroin. It is important to know how to find this person a lasting solution.
The kind of changes that must occur to recover from addiction include:
- A person must find relief from the incessant, intense cravings that make sobriety difficult or lead to repeated relapses.
- He (or she) must overcome the depression that accompanies addiction.
- He must gain more self-control and recover his clear perception of his world.
- He must also find relief from the guilt that results from addiction.
- He must regain a sense of morals and personal responsibility.
- He must learn the life skills that make it possible to maintain a sober path toward success after he returns to his usual life.
When you look at this list, you are probably looking at the changes and life skills you hope to see in your loved one. The Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation program is designed to address these changes and many more that are necessary for a person to stay sober for the rest of his or her life.
The Narconon program not only addresses the debilitating effects of drug abuse on the mind and body, but also resolves why a person turned to drugs in the first place. As a result, a person can graduate from the program into a new life free from drug use.
You can locate a Narconon drug rehab program here:
Getting Help from Other Drug Rehab
More than ten thousand rehab programs in the US can be found here, including the dozen Narconon centers in the United States: Samsha - Find Treatment
This is a complete database of all different types of drug rehabs, searchable by city, county, state and type of program.
Addiction does not have to be a permanent curse. It can be overcome. But it is best when it can be prevented entirely.
For help with drug education or rehabilitation, contact Narconon International
ई-मेल मार्फत हाम्रो समाचार-पत्र प्राप्त गर्न नि: शुल्क साइन-अप गर्नुहोस्: