Resources for Anti-Drug Coalitions, Youth Clubs and Other Community Groups
Across the United States and Canada, thousands of anti-drug community groups and coalitions are staffed and supported by tens of thousands of employees and volunteers. These committed individuals form a front line of opposition to the advancing march of drug and alcohol abuse. As the media broadcast reports of softer attitudes toward drug abuse, it’s these groups and their allies who refuse to accept the idea of drug abuse becoming acceptable in our communities. Together, we popularize the benefits of drug and alcohol-free lives.
If you are associated with one of this nation’s anti-drug coalitions or other community groups or would like to be, we welcome you to this Community Resources page. You’ll find dozens of links to useful information on our website. You’ll also find many free downloads of booklets and handbooks that may assist you in your work. There are educational videos that you might find useful, and links to our bookstore items to take you to products you can purchase to help you achieve your goals.
We appreciate what you do and are glad to join you in the worthwhile effort to help our citizens enjoy productive, drug-free lives.
Educational Materials for Study or Download
- Health Risks of Drugs
- Effects of Drug Abuse
- Signs and Symptoms of Drug Abuse
- 10 Things Parents May Not Know about Prescription Drug Abuse
- 10 Things Parents May Not Know about Marijuana
- 14 Rules You Must Not Break when Dealing with Addiction
Online Videos for Drug Prevention/Education
- Video - What is a drug?
- Video - What do drugs do?
- Video - What are the dffects of drugs on the mind?
- Video - What do drugs do to your nervous system?
- Video - Why do people take drugs?
- Video - How long do drugs stay in your system?
- Video - How long does weed stay in the system?
- Video - What is addiction?
- Video - Is alcohol a drug?
- Video - Effects of alcohol
- Video - Alcohol effects on the body and liver
- Video - What are the long term effects of weed?
- Video - Marijuana: fooled by the sales lines
- Video - Effects of methamphetamine
- Video - Effects of antidepressants
- Video - Effects of opioids
- Video - Is ecstasy safe?
Drug Prevention or Recovery Materials for Purchase
- 10 Things Your Friends May Not Know about Drugs booklet
- Drug Facts
- Talking to Kids about Drugs booklet
- The Truth about Drugs DVD
- Marijuana the Myth DVD
- Ecstasy the Real Story, Part 1 DVD
- Helping Someone Overcome Addiction: What is Addiction?
- Narconon First Step Program: An Effective Method for Drug-Free Withdrawal
- Narconon First Step Program: Communication Skills for relapse prevention
If you need any help with any of our products or our website, please call Narconon International at 1-866-977-9045.