Get Very Specific About the Danger
It is very common for parents to tell their children that they must not use any drugs. They may mention alcohol, marijuana or pills. It is essential to be very specific about the dangers associated with use of these stimulants.
In addition to telling them not to abuse these substances, tell them these reasons why not:
- Many of these drugs have fatal or very damaging effects.
- It is very common that a drug in this class will not actually contain the substances that are claimed. Dosages are completely uncontrolled. Even if someone previously used a drug that was labeled just the same and everything went okay, the next package could contain different chemicals or could be much stronger.
- For some of these stimulants, the difference between a recreational dose and a fatal dose is very tiny, meaning that if they get just a tiny bit too much, they could overdose fatally.
- As seen in the examples above, the reactions of people when they use these drugs can be violent and harmful.
- The people creating, manufacturing, shipping and selling these drugs care nothing about your child’s health, sanity or life. They are only out to make money. It would be terrible to lose everything or harm or even kill someone just because a chemist and a businessman wanted to make millions of dollars.
More Information on Stimulants
If you would like more information about these drugs, here are some websites from government agencies or Narconon that you can visit. The more knowledge you have, the more you can impart this knowledge to your children, other family members, friends and neighbors. By being knowledgeable, you might even be able to save some lives.
European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction
You can find information on individual drugs here
Drug Enforcement Administration
Various fact sheets on these drugs can be found here
Federal Bureau of Investigation
National Institute on Drug Abuse