Resolution from the City Council of Los Angeles on Narconon and 36 Other Community Members
Description: The City Council of Los Angeles made a resolution to the “Heal LA - Honor Roll” consisting of public agencies, private agencies, schools, churches, and organizations that joined together toward the common goals of crime and drug free community in the Alvarado Corridor in coordination with the L.A.P.D. Rampart Division Crime Prevention, Specialist Volunteer Team and their Community Relations Officer.
Heal LA-Honor Roll
WHEREAS, the neighborhoods of the alvarado corridor in the heart of los angeles have come together in mutual support to wipe out the common enemies of crime and drug dealing; and
WHEREAS, public agencies, private agencies, schools, churches, and organizations have joined together toward the common goals of crime and drug free community in the alvarado corridor; and
WHEREAS, “Heal La” was created through the efforts of the L.A.P.D. Rampart Crime Prevention, Specialist Volunteer Team and their Community Relations Officer, Webster Wong; and
WHEREAS, “Heal La - Honor Roll” which consists of the following churches, agencies, community groups and organizations, emerged to affirm, life and celebrate the dignity and value of the many cultures found in the alvarado corridor;
- ALCOHOLISM CENTER FOR WOMEN
- PACIFIC ASIAN ALCOHOL CENTER
- BENTON WAY NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOC.
- RETIRED SENIORS VOLUNTEER PGM.
- SILVERLAKE IMPROVEMENT ASSOC.
- CENTRAL CITY ACTION COMMITTEE
- SILVERLAKE RESIDENTS ASSOC.
- MEXICAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOC.
- PICO UNION HOUSING CORP.
- COLOURCRAFT PRINTING, INC.
- LEAD THE WAY TO DRUG FREE LA
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS CO.
- CELEBRITY CIRCLE INTERNATIONAL
- LAPD RAMPART DIVISION
- KING TACO RESTAURANT, INC.
- ECHO PARK COORDINATING COUNCIL
- HEALTH CAREERS OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM UCLA
- SUNRISE COMMUNITY COUNSELING CENTER
- UNITED CITIZENS COMMITTEE OF AMERICA
- SCIENTOLOGISTS FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY
- UPPER RAMPART HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOC.
- LAFAYETTE PARK GROUP NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
- NARCONON LOS ANGELES
- PAN AMERICAN NIGHT CLUB
- ANGEL’S FLIGHT
- BANANA GRAPHICS
- CALIFORNIA HOTEL, LTD.
- CASTILLO’S FABRICS
- JUGAREMOS EN FAMILIA
- LUPITA BAKERY
- UNION AVENUE SCHOOL
- EL CENTRO DEL PUEBLO
- KIDS AGAINST CRIME
- MASH LA
- YWCA OF LA
- WESTLAKE TASK FORCE
NOW, THEREFORE, be it resolved that by the adoption of this resolution, the council of the city of los angeles does hereby commend the “Heal La - Honor Roll” in their efforts to give recognition to schools, churches, groups, and organizations exhibiting true community spirit.
Councilman 1st District
Councilman 8th District
I HEREBY CERTIFY that the foregoing resolution was adopted by the Council of the City of Los Angeles at its meeting held September 13, 1991.
President of the Council