If a family or an addicted person has repeatedly sought sobriety at a conventional addiction rehab and had no success, they are wise to look for an alternative addiction rehab. For tens of thousands of people around the world, the Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation program has been the alternative addiction rehab these people chose.
Those arriving at a Narconon center in find an alternative program based on the following concepts:
- First, help the person through a tolerable withdrawal process by providing generous nutritional supplementation and gentle objective exercises that calm both the body and mind.
- Then help the person re-engage with others and the environment through practice of simple communication skills.
- Deeply detoxify the body through use of an exact nutritional program, moderate exercise and time in a low-heat sauna, the result being the flushing out of old, lodged drug toxins.
- Now that the person can think clearly, begin to teach the life skills that can help him or her function successfully.
- Repair the damage done to perception and communication through a program of communication exercises that reaches deep to restore awareness and enjoyment of life.
- Teach drug-free decision-making skills that were destroyed by the addiction.
- Provide a non-denominational moral code to act as a reliable compass in day-to-day life.
The Narconon program is by nature an alternative addiction rehab. It employs no drugs in the rehabilitation process.
Once graduated, the person is not required to attend meetings. He is only expected to use what he has learned to operate a drug-free life. This long-term treatment protocol has a superior success rate to most other programs: Seven out of ten graduates remain clean and sober after they return home.
For the family that's been through addiction treatment before, it may be time to look at alternative addiction rehab. And for the family or addicted person seeking help for the first time, Narconon is the perfect place to start eliminating addiction problems for good.
While there are literally tens of thousands of drug rehabilitation programs around the world, they run the gamut from small programs based on one individual's idea of how to help all the way up to large institutional settings specializing in psychiatric treatment. No one treatment is right for everyone. As needs and beliefs vary, most people succeed when they seek a program that offers services that best fit their situation.
It follows logically that if addiction treatment has not yet been standardized, then success rates at differing types of rehabs are likely to vary widely. And this is exactly the case. In many rehabs, the best they can expect is a 10% to 20% success rate. Some rehabs only count their successes by the number of people who finish the program, not by the sobriety rate of their graduates. A poor index indeed.
If you would like to find a Narconon rehab program in your area, call today at 800-775-8750. You may find the exact fit you were looking for.